Well it sort of began today...
The day before the official Bologna Children's Book Fair is filled with many fun and productive activities:
- lunch with two agents and an editor (Prosciutto pizza for the WIN).
- window shopping (leather handbags...gorgeousssss).
|Bologna 2013 rights guide, notebook for meeting notes,|
sticky notes for last-minute sales, highlighter and pen
(yes, I'm super organized) :)
- reviewing my appointments for tomorrow and familiarizing myself with what books publishers have bought, both from our agency and other publishers.
Now I'm relaxing, blogging and munching on some really fantastic biscuits with chocolate (my weakness).
Tonight will be quite busy but fun, too:
- Random House party: everyone in publishing goes, so it's a fun time to see those we haven't seen in months or since last year, as well as networking with some new people we may not have appointments with this week.
- Dinner: again with some agents and other publishing folk. Though this time I hear dinner will be in a place where they scrape Risotto out of a parmesan bowl....pics to come if this happens.
- and of course, no Bologna day would be complete without our annual #GelatoWatch13. Stay tuned.
Tomorrow it's rise and shine at 6:30 a.m. To be at the fair by 8 a.m. to snag a good table in the rights center, and our badges and walk around a bit before our first appointment at 9.
More later once the fair is in full swing!